Preparing for you Eyelash Extensions Visit
Here are tips on how to prepare for your eyelash extension service
Before your appointment
If you wear waterproof mascara, discontinue use 3 days prior to your appointment. The compounds in these products will remain on the lashes, even after properly cleansing. This will prevent the extensions adhesive from properly bonding with your lashes and your extensions will not last long.
2. Shower before your appointment and come with no eye makeup on. It is necessary that you come with impeccably clean lashes for us to work on. If you must come with makeup on, we have cleanser on our vanity you can use before your apointment. We do request clients arrive 10 minutes before their appointment if they have to cleanse their makeup off. Residual oils and makeup remaining on the lashes will only prevent the adhesive from properly bonding. This point needs to be stressed - do not arrive still wearing eye makeup. Less cleaning, More time, More lashes. It is absolutely acceptable to wear facial and brow makeup, but NO EYE MAKEUP.
3. Avoid oil-based products on and around the eyes. Apply eye cream sparingly, if at all. If you use an oil-based makeup remover, make sure that is removed completly from the eyes as well. Oil is the kryptonite to lash adhesive.
4. Remove your contacts, if you wear them. I recommend my clients wear glasses the day of service. It's recommended to bring your own case for lenses. Be prepared to wear your glasses after the service, as application of contact solution will wet the lashes. Being contact free is a safety precaution and ensures you leave with happy, healthy eyes and lashes.
5. Please make sure to inform your therapist of any known eye conditions before yur appointment, in cases of infections etc. - this treatment may not be suitable at this time.
6. Do not have caffeine the day of your appointment.
During your appointment
Keep your eyes closed and relax.
Let us know if you experience any burning or itching, which you shouldn't at all, but don't hesitate to let us know if you feel uncomfortable.
No chewing gum, candy or food during your appointment. Your facial muscles move if your chewing and can move your eye pad or cause your stylists speed of applying lashes to suffer since your face isn't still.
1. Do NOT get your lashes wet for 24 hours following your application. Avoid any heat, steam, wearing makeup, sweating or touching your lashes for 24 hours immediately following your New Set or Touch Up appointments. This will allow the adhesive to completely cure/dry. Please, be very gentle with your eyelashes.
2. Cleanse your lashes daily with and approved lash cleanser. Avoid getting your facial cleanser, shampoo or conditioner on your lashes during the entire time you wear your extensions.
3. Do NOT use any oil based eye make-up remover, and when removing eye make-up use a cotton wool bud near the lash line to prevent damaging the bond.
4. Use your lash wand to gently brush upwards mid-lash up with the lash/comb that your lash stylist will provide to you.
5. Brush through your lashes daily. If your lashes seem crossed or sideways you can wet your lashes (after the 24hrs.), and then brush them into place they then will dry in that corrected place. However your natural lash sits is how your lash extension will sit as well.
6. Do NOT use waterproof mascara EVER! There are mascaras specifically formulated to be used with eyelash extensions, or a water based mascara can be used. Mascara should be applied mid-lash up, not near the base.
7. Please do NOT touch, pick, or rub your lashes as this can possibly cause your hair follicle, and/or eyelid to become irritated. Also, please note when touching your lashes your skins natural oils can possible lower the retention of the eyelashes.
8. Book your touch-up appointment after your initial set. Lash extensions are semi-permanent and shed with your natural eyelashes. Typically, you lose between 1-6 natural lashes per eye, everyday. This is perfectly normal and could be more or less depending on your natural lash cycle, home care maintenance. 2 weeks is the recommended Touch-up appointment time to make sure your lashes are their fullest.
Eyelash Extensions After Care
We want your lashes to last as long as possible, follow these instructions to make
sure you get the best wear out of your Lash Extensions.