Preparing for you Eyelash Extensions Visit
Here are tips on how to prepare for your eyelash extension service
Before your appointment
If you wear waterproof mascara, discontinue use 3 days prior to your appointment. The compounds in these products will remain on the lashes, even after properly cleansing. This will prevent the extensions adhesive from properly bonding with your lashes and your extensions will not last long.
2. Shower before your appointment and come with no eye makeup on. It is necessary that you come with impeccably clean lashes for us to work on. If you must come with makeup on, we have cleanser on our vanity you can use before your apointment. We do request clients arrive 10 minutes before their appointment if they have to cleanse their makeup off. Residual oils and makeup remaining on the lashes will only prevent the adhesive from properly bonding. This point needs to be stressed - do not arrive still wearing eye makeup. Less cleaning, More time, More lashes. It is absolutely acceptable to wear facial and brow makeup, but NO EYE MAKEUP.
3. Avoid oil-based products on and around the eyes. Apply eye cream sparingly, if at all. If you use an oil-based makeup remover, make sure that is removed completly from the eyes as well. Oil is the kryptonite to lash adhesive.
4. Remove your contacts, if you wear them. I recommend my clients wear glasses the day of service. It's recommended to bring your own case for lenses. Be prepared to wear your glasses after the service, as application of contact solution will wet the lashes. Being contact free is a safety precaution and ensures you leave with happy, healthy eyes and lashes.
5. Please make sure to inform your therapist of any known eye conditions before yur appointment, in cases of infections etc. - this treatment may not be suitable at this time.
6. Do not have caffeine the day of your appointment.
Before your appointment
Keep your eyes closed and relax.
Let us know if you experience any burning or itching, which you shouldn't at all, but don't hesitate to let us know if you feel uncomfortable.
No chewing gum, candy or food during your appointment. Your facial muscles move if your chewing and can move your eye pad or cause your stylists speed of applying lashes to suffer since your face isn't still.
Eyelash Extensions After Care
We want your lashes to last as long as possible, follow these instructions to make
sure you get the best wear out of your Lash Extensions.